Seeing as we only have two more teaching weeks left in this semester, I am considering introducing a new novel to my eleventh graders before the break. I chose the novel "Into Thin Air" off the district's novel list. I have not read this book yet and was planning on reading up on the notes and reading most of the book in the next week. I was planning on introducing the book to my students and handing out their copies before the break so they can read ahead if they choose. I have the most unmotivated eleventh graders and I am just wondering---should I let them watch the movie first? I usually wait until we finish the novel so they will actually read but that didn't even work the first time around. Or my other choice is to buy the movie and allow them to watch each part of the movie as we read the chapters? Does that sound like a better option? I just need some advice on how to approach the subject of getting them to actually read. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment